FIRST ADMISSION TO INFANT/PRIMARY SCHOOLS CRITERIA
Middleton Primary & Nursery School ‘Primary’ places are offered by Nottingham City Council Admissions Department in line with their admissions criteria:-
The following information has been taken from the Nottingham City Council Admissions Criteria.
Further information is available at:-
or by contacting School Admissions on 0115 8415568
- We will first offer places to pupils looked after by the local authority or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence, or special guardianship.
- We will then offer places to chidlren who, at the closing date for applications, live within the catchment area, whose parents have asked for a place at the school and who, at the time they start school, will have a brother or sister who goes to the school.
- We will then offer places to other pupils who, on the closing date for applications, live within the catchment area and whose parents have asked for a place at the school.
- We will then offer places to children who live outside the catchment area, whose parents have asked for a place at the school and who, at the time they start school, will have a brother or sister who goes to the school.
- We will then offer places to children who go to the nursery of the school at the closing date for applications and whose parents have asked for a place at that school.
- We will then offer places to other pupils who live outside the catchment area whose parents have asked for a place at the school.
We may decide to override numbers 2 to 6 of the above cirteria and give priority to a child who:-
- has special educational needs that can only be met at a specific school.
- has medical, mobility or social needs that can only be met as a specific school.
Find out if you are in our catchment area, http: click here
Admissions to Middleton Nursery
Places for Middleton Nursery are allocated against the following criteria in the order below:-
- Children who are looked after by Nottingham City Council.
- Children who live within the catchment area after their third birthday.
- Children who live outside the catchment area after their third birthday.
All places are dependent on availability of morning or afternoon places in Nursery. Middleton Nursery capacity is 52 children in the morning and 52 children in the afternoon. Nursery sessions are 3 hours long, morning sessions are from 8.35am to 11.35am and afternoon sessions are from 12.35pm to 3.35pm.
What we’ve been up to…
Last week Year 5 have been very busy building this stunning pyramid out of sticks and elastic bands. The finished work was wonderful and worthy of the Louvre Pyramid.
Last month in Year 5, we studied Surrealism as part of our French Art Project. In surrealism, the subjects look like out their out of reality, in fact some surrealist artworks are inspired by the artist’s dreams. The movement made artists find beauty in the unexpected and the uncanny subjects. The world surrealist suggests beyond reality, it’s a combination of both realism and imagination too. After having looked at different artists of this period, the children made some collages and a surrealist box inspired by The Listening Room by Rene Magritte. What beautiful artworks!
Thank you to all of the families who joined us on RSE Day 2019.
Well done to the two winning families who were picked out of the hat and have won a copy of Rob Biddulph’s Odd Dog Out.