FIRST ADMISSION TO INFANT/PRIMARY SCHOOLS CRITERIA
Middleton Primary & Nursery School ‘Primary’ places are offered by Nottingham City Council Admissions Department in line with their admissions criteria:-
The following information has been taken from the Nottingham City Council Admissions Criteria.
Further information is available at:-
or by contacting School Admissions on 0115 8415568
- We will first offer places to pupils looked after by the local authority or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence, or special guardianship.
- We will then offer places to chidlren who, at the closing date for applications, live within the catchment area, whose parents have asked for a place at the school and who, at the time they start school, will have a brother or sister who goes to the school.
- We will then offer places to other pupils who, on the closing date for applications, live within the catchment area and whose parents have asked for a place at the school.
- We will then offer places to children who live outside the catchment area, whose parents have asked for a place at the school and who, at the time they start school, will have a brother or sister who goes to the school.
- We will then offer places to children who go to the nursery of the school at the closing date for applications and whose parents have asked for a place at that school.
- We will then offer places to other pupils who live outside the catchment area whose parents have asked for a place at the school.
We may decide to override numbers 2 to 6 of the above cirteria and give priority to a child who:-
- has special educational needs that can only be met at a specific school.
- has medical, mobility or social needs that can only be met as a specific school.
Find out if you are in our catchment area, http: click here
Admissions to Middleton Nursery
Places for Middleton Nursery are allocated against the following criteria in the order below:-
- Children who are looked after by Nottingham City Council.
- Children who live within the catchment area after their third birthday.
- Children who live outside the catchment area after their third birthday.
All places are dependent on availability of morning or afternoon places in Nursery. Middleton Nursery capacity is 52 children in the morning and 52 children in the afternoon. Nursery sessions are 3 hours long, morning sessions are from 8.35am to 11.35am and afternoon sessions are from 12.35pm to 3.35pm.
What we’ve been up to…
Our Togolese friends sent us these pictures yesterday. With the money Middleton has gathered, they are on the process of building a school library and get an internet access. A big ” Thank You” from the pupils and their headteacher to all the Middleton parents and staff for their generosity. Merci beaucoup!
Last Friday 12 Year 5 and Year 6 girls took part in Girl’s Football Festival at David Ross Sports Village 3G Pitch at the University of Nottingham. It was an exciting event with lots of fun, football based skills games. The weather was perfect and the girls had a marvellous time trying different activities. Well done to all the girls involved!
On Monday our KS2 choir were fortunate to be able to take part in a vocal workshop, provided by Nottingham Music Service. The workshop was held in preparation for the Summer Sing concert at Nottingham Albert Hall,which we will be attending in June. The workshop was taught by Chris and Laura who were absolutely fantastic and the children thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon!