Middleton is a UNICEF Rights Respecting School
The UNICEF Rights Respecting Schools Award recognises achievement in putting the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) at the heart of a school’s planning, policies, practice and ethos.
We provide as many varied opportunities as possible to ensure each child reaches their true potential and gains full and equal access to a challenging and creative curriculum.
Developing citizenship, environmental awareness and a healthy lifestyle are central to our core purpose. Our aim is for all children to feel safe, happy and healthy within our learning environment. We promote positive behaviour and attitudes that allow us to understand our World and help to protect our future. We strive to develop kindness, fairness and understanding at school and in the wider community. We believe that this is achieved through working as a team and in partnership with parents and the local community.
Our School Aims
- To provide an inclusive, welcoming and safe environment in which every child is valued, cared for and supported.
- To offer a broad and balanced curriculum that provides children with the best possible learning opportunities and experiences and enables them to enjoy their education and develop positive attitudes towards learning.
- To ensure that all children are able to realise their potential through high quality learning and teaching experiences that promote and value all achievement and raise self esteem.
- To inform and encourage all children to adopt a healthy lifestyle by promoting healthy eating, regular exercise and physical and mental well being.
- To promote equality, respect and understanding and to provide opportunities for children to learn about and celebrate cultural diversity.
- To develop an appreciation of the World in which we live and an awareness of our environment to encourage children to be responsible citizens of the future.
What we’ve been up to…
Yesterday Year 5 discovered the website Language Angels and played some revision games. They absolutely loved it.