As you probably know, we are fortunate to have Monsieur Lantelme teaching French, as our chosen Modern Foreign Language, across all age groups. He has prepared a number of resources which children can access during the closure period, and don't forget you can use the Language Angels software below that the school subscribes too. If you have any queries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* NEW RESOURCES *
- Mr Lantelme's French Cookbook: Bonjour les enfants! I hope you will enjoy this fun, interactive, bilingual cookbook that introduces the joy of French cooking. It features ten authentic, classic French recipes that are easy for young chefs to follow (with a little help), including starters, main courses and desserts. Bon appetit!
- KS2 Arsenal Double Club Home Learning: These materials were developed in partnership with the French Government Centre of Languages and Culture. You can choose between topics such as birthdays, countries, families and friends, food, numbers, riddle and school.
- Year 5 Famous French Speakers research project
- Year 6 Break the Code challenge
Tasks for w/c 18/05:
- Activities from Reception to Y6
- Year 2: Renee et Runo...PowerPoint, story text and suggestions
- Year 3: Les Glaces
- Year 4: Les Animaux du Zoo and Le Corps
- Year 5: Rooms of the House puzzles, bedroom file 1 and file 2
- Year 6: Trouver le Superheros
Tasks for w/c 04/05:
- Fun and free French resources on the internet
- Avec un gros nez! Instructions from M Lantelme: For KS1 use the song, 'Avec un gros nez', as a stimulus for learning animals nouns. Y3/4: the same vocabulary is used for simple sentence building as well as dictionary skills. Y5/6: the children develop more complex sentences with adjectives. This is a full resourced lesson with instructions for the children, a link to the song, videos/audios to teach the vocabulary and a printable resource.
- Les couleurs et les petites betes: aimed at KS1, but Y3/4 children would also benefit from this.
- KS2 Enrichment Activities
- Year 3 task
- Year 4/5/6 activity booklet
- Additional links for all ages
- Home Learning for French: M Lantelme has made this really age-appropriate by listing different activities for all year groups from Reception to Year 4
- Year 5 task 1
- Year 5 task 2
- Year 6 task
- Year 6 answers (don't look until you've done the task!)
- Lumen's French Award: some super language activities to have a go at
French video links (these are via youtube so be aware of adult supervision):
- French Wake and Shake: this is a fun way to combine physical activity with learning some French vocabulary!
- French songs for children: a great playlist to sing along to
- Daily French Challenge: short clips aimed at younger children; you could go back to Day 1 and then start working your through them to catch up!
Language Angels: lots of games and activities to help improve French skills, login to Pupil Games, then username is pupilxp and password is Simple1.