Friends of Middleton
Thanks to a very generous donation of £2,000, we purchased two new outdoor table tennis tables for the trim trail area in July 2023. These are very popular with the children at break and lunchtimes.
Who are we?
Friends of Middleton (FOM) is a registered charity (1047281) dedicated to raising money for the school. We raise funds by holding a selection of events for the children, their families and the local community throughout the school year. All our events are organised and lead by a group of parent, family and school staff volunteers - we use skills from our day jobs and hobbies to coordinate events and fundraise.
What do we do?
The school use the money we raise to pay for education enhancements, from buying new equipment to improving the school site and providing additional resources or activities for all of our children. Recently, FOM has funded a range of things for the children including:
- £2,000 for two new outdoor tables tennis tables.
- Over £500 towards books for the school's fiction library.
- Buying 'Living Eggs' so children could experience seeing chicks hatching.
- A visiting drama company performing a Christmas pantomime.
- A substantial donation towards new climbing equipment within the maze field adventure play area.
- An end-of-year visit from an ice cream van to provide a treat for every child in school!
We want to hold events that have been shaped by all members of our school community and would very much welcome new volunteers to join the committee, help at a single event of share ideas for fundraising. Please get in touch via our email firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/friendsofmiddleton/ or Twitter account (@friends ofmiddl3).
An easy way to support us is by using Amazon Smile when you purchase goods from Amazon, at https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1047281-0 Each time you make an eligible purchase we will receive a donation - at no extra cost to you.
Thank you to everyone who helps out with organising and supporting our fundraising activities.