Science, IT & technology
Our Science subject leader, Mrs Knight, is setting a weekly science challenge suitable for all ages. We hope you enjoy taking part! Please feel free to contact her or feedback on how your child has got on with the challenges, to email@example.com
- Week 18/05: Liquids and Potions!
- Week 11/05: Plant life cycles and food for free! (+ feedback from children's work)
- Week 04/05: Colours (+ feedback from children's work)
- Week 27/04: Safari - Animals in the Wild (+ feedback from children's work and more feedback!)
- Week 20/04: The Solar System (+ feedback from children's work and additional update)
- Week 13/04: Materials (no feedback received this week)
- Week 06/04: Living Things in our Environment (+ feedback from children's work)
- Week 30/03: The Weather (+ click here for Mrs Knight's feedback and some children's work)
- ASE science lessons: great practical science ideas for all ages from the Association for Science Education
- Coding/Scratch: this is a free site, recommended by Mrs Benton who teaches IT across the school
- ThinkUKnow Home Activity Pack: as well as the bank of resources on our E-safety page in the Learning section, this is a site with very current online safety advice which is being updated regularly during school closures.
- STEM family activities: a range of practical and fun family activities linked to Science and Technology
- Starters for STEM: ten easy-to-resource activities for the home to help children's understanding of the world around them
- Science experiments from the Royal Institution; a series of short films showing you how you can carry out science investigations at home
- Ignite: another bank of creative science activities designed for home learning.
- BBC Science lessons for Key Stage 1 (Y1/Y2)
- BBC Science lessons for Key Stage 2 (Y3-Y6)
- NASA website: activities linked to space travel and engineering for young adventurers!
- Dr Who, Space, Light and Super Movers: live lesson suited to Key Stage 2 children with an interest in space and the planets.